If you make your favorite Japanese food or origami crafts (see the video tutorials below for inspiration!), send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be entered into the drawing for one of the raffle baskets! Thank you to Kiran, Misaki and Yuna for sharing some of their creations!
Please see these videos to learn about the Lawrence Japanese Fair, a treasured tradition at our school:
The Japanese students of the Lawrence 8th grade made tutorial videos for you! Learn to make Japanese food (rice balls, sushi rolls) and crafts (a candy lei, origami decoration ball – Kusudama or origami samurai hat):
- How to make rice balls
- How to make sushi rolls
- How to make a candy lei
- How to make an origami decoration ball (Kusudama)
- How to make an origami samurai hat
Do you miss the Japanese food treats which were sold at the fair? We created a Japanese recipe book that you can use to make treats at home. Let your family discover the unexplored tastes of Japan from home!
If you would like to buy Japanese origami crafts, please check out the Japanese craft store on Membership Toolkit! These are lovely gifts for anyone! The candy box set and kusudama set have extra origami paper with instructions so that you can make them at home!
Finally, we have four incredibly unique Japanese raffle baskets! Check the details below and buy raffle tickets here. We will announce the winner at the end of May.
Buy one, gift one
We also have an option to buy a ticket/give a ticket; gifted tickets and craft sets will be distributed by the school privately. Thank you for your consideration!
All proceeds will go to the Lawrence PTO. Don’t miss this chance to support the PTO and enjoy the event!
Please contact Kay Kobayashi (email@example.com), Ai Nisikubo (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kayoko Yamada (email@example.com).
A Special Thank You
We would like to thank the following people who helped to make this virtual Japanese Fair possible.
- April 28, 2021Japanese Fair 2021
- April 7, 2021Wednesday Weekly 4/7/21
- March 24, 2021Auction Superstars!
- March 19, 2021Let's Dance!
- March 16, 2021Bid Now til 9pm, March 28
- February 25, 2021Family Fun @ International Night 2021
- December 29, 2020Weather Drafty? Let's Get Crafty.
- December 16, 2020Thank You, Lawrence Families!
- December 15, 2020Just One Star Away...
- December 15, 2020Lawrence Legacy Fund: Final Push!