What makes a great school even better? Funding for classroom innovation and support, student enrichment and extracurricular activities, and community-building events—all sponsored by an active and well-resourced PTO. This year, the Lawrence PTO is budgeted to spend over $90,000 (about $125 per student) on programs and events to benefit our school. Each fall we ask every Lawrence family to pitch in with a monetary contribution to fund the year’s programs and keep the PTO going strong. Because what makes our great school even better is you!
or donate through PayPal:
FY ’19–’20 Budget Highlights
- 96% of your donation will go directly toward enriching the Lawrence student experience
- 48% of funds underwrite instructional innovation throughout the school, such as:
- Allocations for supplies and equipment for every classroom
- Grants for teacher-led projects across subjects and grades
- Educator trip to Japan (SET-J)
- 8th-grade graduation and special experiences
- Scholarships for all school- and PTO-sponsored activities
- 40% of funds help enable student enrichment, including:
- Special Lawrence traditions such as Farm School and Hatching Chicks
- Transportation for field trips in every grade
- New additions to the library’s collections and author visits
- Presentation of outstanding performing- and visual-arts programs
- 8% of funds support other community programming, including:
- Community-building events like Food Fest, Skate Night, and Speaker Series
- Staff, community, and volunteer events and appreciation
- ~4% of the overall budget goes toward PTO expenses like the website, printing, etc.
- 39% of the annual PTO budget is funded by donations (on top of fundraising events, sponsorships, etc.) Your generosity enables the PTO to fund more than $125 of enrichment per student annually—your support counts!
FY ’19-’20 Budget Summary
|Enrichment Benefit Total||$89K||96%|
|Classroom Innovation and Support: Classroom supplies, educator grants, and initiatives like sending an educator to Japan (SET-J), 8th-grade experiences (including graduation), and student need-based assistance||$45K||48%|
|Student Enrichment: Field trips, library and arts enrichment, intramural sports, garden, grade 6–8 play, and Farm School (7th-grade tradition)||$37K||40%|
|Other Community Programming: Staff, community, and volunteer appreciation, and events including Speaker Series, Skate Night, and Food Fest||$7K||8%|
|PTO Expenses (website, directory, etc.)||$4K||4%|
|Total FY ’19–’20 Budget||$93K||100%|
Suggested Donor Levels
|$2,500||The cost of 7th grade’s Farm School overnight transportation, one season of intramural sports, or a visiting program from performing artists and award-winning authors|
|$1,000||The cost of a Kindergarten Barn Babies visit, field trip buses for one grade, a year of aquarium maintenance, or a year of need-based event scholarships|
|$500||Classroom supplies for a new teacher, or a teacher grant for software, curriculum, or training|
|$250||Student Gift Plus 1: The amount the PTO spends per every two students at Lawrence—give in honor of your child and another deserving student!|
|$125||Student Gift: The amount the PTO spends per every student at Lawrence—give in honor of your student!|
|$50||Sensory equipment such as therapy balls for classrooms, or games and apps for the Math Resource Center|
|$__||An amount of your choice — every dollar counts!|
|Show Lawrence Some Love! Here’s How to Make Your Tax-Deductible Donation:|
• Online – click here to make your donation now!
• By mail – send a check to Lawrence School PTO, 27 Francis Street, Brookline, MA 02446
• At school – in cash or by check, in the PTO drop-box in the main office
• Boost your gift! – Include a matching-gift form from your company to increase the value of your donation. Click here to see a list of companies that match their employees’ charitable donations.