FY ‘18-’19 Budget Highlights
- 95% of your donation will go directly towards enriching the Lawrence student experience
- 77% of funds support student enrichment and community building, including:
- 8th grade graduation and special Lawrence traditions such as Farm School and Hatching Chicks
- Transportation for field trips in every grade
- New additions to the Library’s collections and author visits
- Presentation of outstanding Performing and Visual Arts programs
- Community-building events like Family Fun Night and International Night
- Allocations for supplies and equipment for every classroom
- Scholarships for all school- and PTO-sponsored activities
- 18% of funds underwrite instructional innovation throughout the school, such as:
- Grants for teacher-led projects across subjects and grades
- Educator trip to Japan (SET-J)
- Staff appreciation luncheons and events
- Less than 5% of the overall budget goes towards PTO expenses like the website, printing, etc.
- 36% of the annual PTO budget is funded by donations (on top of fundraising events, sponsorships, etc.) Your generosity enables the PTO to fund more than $122 of enrichment per student annually – your support counts!
|$2,000||Sponsor Farm School for the 7th grade or one season of after-school intramural sports|
|$1,500||Sponsor a visual arts/performing arts program or a visit by an award-winning author|
|$1,000||Sponsor field trip buses for an entire grade|
|$750||Sponsor a Barn Babies visit for the kindergarten or provide a year’s worth of need-based scholarships for school events|
|$500||Sponsor a grant for software-based science curriculum, or set up a new teacher with classroom supplies, or fund the student play|
|$250||Sponsor new sports equipment for extended recess or help a teacher update classroom supplies and equipment|
|$125||Sponsor the Hatching Chicks program or books to support leveled reading in the Literacy and Math Centers|
|$100||Sponsor a purchase of plants for the school garden or one month of maintaining the lobby fish tank|
|$50||Sponsor sensory equipment like therapy balls and other materials to help increase focus and attention|
|$25||Sponsor materials for the Math Resource Center including iPad applications to enhance teaching across curriculum in all grade levels|
FY’18-’19 Budget Summary
|Enrichment Benefit Total||$84K||95%|
|Student Enrichment: Field trips, graduation, classroom supplies, library and arts enrichment, and community building||$68K||77%|
|Instructional Innovation and Support: Educator grants and initiatives like sending an educator to Japan (SET-J)||$16K||18%|
|PTO Expenses (website, printing, etc.)||$4K||5%|
|Total FY ’18-’19 Budget||$88K||100%|
Lawrence PTO ’18-’19 Budget Summary
18-’19 Projected Fundraising
A detailed budget is available at every PTO meeting.
Other ways to donate:
Checks are always appreciated, but sports and concert tickets, gift cards, or services that we can add to a raffle or auction are also a great source of income for the PTO. We encourage you to get creative!
Please send your check, made out to the Lawrence School PTO, to 27 Francis St., Brookline, MA, 02446 or donate online through Paypal (see link below). The Lawrence PTO is an exempt organization under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. All donations are fully tax-deductible.