Please join us for the 7th annual Lawrence Food Fest on Thursday, October 18 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This year’s theme, Better Together, celebrates the diversity of backgrounds and food ways in the Lawrence community, the possibilities of individual and collective action in the service of sustainable, fair, healthful and delicious food systems, and the joy of breaking bread together.
This FREE event will be held in **both** the Big Gym and at the Lawrence School Garden. Please note that fresh produce will be for sale at the Fresh Truck — http://www.freshtruck.org/ — and we hope you will shop to support their mission of bringing food literacy and fresh produce to children and families in neighborhoods all over greater Boston.
- Sign up to enter or judge the Veggie Recipe Contest
- Visit with Public Schools of Brookline Food Director Gus Travassos and sample wares
- Tour the Lawrence School Garden
- Hand-cranked popcorn de-shelling and making
- Brookline food community all-stars: Al Freshco, Brookline Grown, ChopChop, Clear Flour Bakery, Curds & Co, Life Alive, Olive Connection, Rifrullo, Mamaleh’s, The Fresh Truck, & more!
Recipe contest details
Who: Any Lawrence (K-8) student or team of students. Please feel free to share dishes that touch on togetherness or show off a cultural, ethnic, local or regional identity you admire or identify with, if you are so inspired.
How: (1) Register at https://goo.gl/forms/ZJcnFIqPXBkhPHxl2 (2) Cook!
What: Make at least 50 samples (each ~2oz) of a savory vegetable dish, a card listing ingredients, and copies of the recipe to share. We will provide small cups and spoons. More to share is better. Please see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nmtbI_b0h2LvfOYzrnLDRdqReTGAw5j-O24t7knohxU/ for competition guidelines. All submissions must be served by a student, parent, or other volunteer. There will be prizes for the winners!
When: Setup is from 3:00pm – 5:00 p.m. The contest will run from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. or until samples run out, whichever comes first. Winners will be announced by 6:30 p.m.
Questions: please email Katherine Ingraham at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO DO MORE?
It’s not too late to volunteer to help out at the Festival! Parents and students welcome. Just email the Lawrence Food Fest Committee (email@example.com) or sign up on MySchoolAnywhere (instructions are here). This event is organized by the Lawrence Food Fest Committee and is made wonderful and possible by the hard work and generous support of countless Lawrence parents, teachers, staff, and administrators; the Lawrence School PTO; and Brookline’s food vending and sustainability community.
- October 13, 2018Lawrence Food Fest: Better Together
- October 8, 2018PTO Monday Update
- October 6, 2018Message from the Green Team
- September 17, 2018News and Notes
- September 15, 2018Register now for Lawrence Special Activities (LSA)
- September 1, 2018Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
- August 21, 2018School Directory (MySchoolAnyWhere)
- August 21, 2018Important Reminders from the School Nurses
- August 8, 2018New Family Registration
- June 21, 2018SET-J (Sending Educators To Japan) program news