- Early Release Movie Days
- Captain Underpants: Wednesday, December 13th, 2017. Pickup is promptly at 2:30 pm.
- Bake sale for Puerto Rico Thursday & Friday after school!
- Stop by the bake sale after school and help the rebuilding efforts. All profits will go to Caravana NaviDar. 2G and 4W baked their little hearts out for this… come and support them AND especially Puerto Rico.
- Peace Cranes to Washington
- Last year, students from Runkle, Lawrence, and other schools around Brookline folded over one thousand paper cranes and sent them to Washington D.C. as a message for peace and tolerance on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The origami peace crane is a symbol of hope and healing during challenging times. At Lawrence school, the tables will be set-up in the school lobby on Friday, December 15 from 1:40-2:10 to make cranes for Peace. Please join us to fold a crane together or drop off your paper cranes (use any 6 inches (15 cm) origami papers ) on that day. Please contact Kay Kobayashi for any questions.
- LSA Winter session is on its way!
- Classes will be posted on our website: http://lawrence.schooltwist.org on December 15th for a week-long sneak peek. Registration starts on December 23rd, and classes begin on January 16th and run for 9 weeks.
- Makeeba McCreary, Kirsten Alper, Laura Horst, Mike Blaney, Amanda Gordon and the 7th and 8th Grade students who helped out with Early Release Movie Day.
- Family Fun Night
- Meeting on Monday at 1:30pm in the library for a Family Fun Night Overview. For questions or more information, contact Vanessa Trien.
- Maker Space Donations
- Announcing 2017 BEF Idealab Grants!
- The BEF is excited to announce our 2017 Idealab Grants. The focus of this year’s call was project-based learning, and Lawrence’s Ryan Keser was selected from a very strong field of applicants. Applicants participated in this quick-turnaround process that granted more than $14,000 to PSB educators for use this academic year. Congratulations to all grant recipients, and thank you to all our generous donors. The BEF could not continue to support Brookline teachers without you.
- Brookline Ballet presents “The Nutcracker”
- December 16th, 6pm, December 17th, 1pm at the Sorenson Center for the Arts at Babson College in Wellesley. Tickets are now available for purchase now!
- Children’s Programs is December
- December 1-29 at Brookline High School. Arts and crafts projects, computer and theater games, and more. Register at Brookline Adult & Community Education, brooklineadulted.org. Call 617-730-2700 ext 1109
- Shop and wrap to support Puppet Showplace!
- Puppet Showplace Theater will run a gift wrapping station at Henry Bear’s Park to generate funds for field trip subsidies, new works and more. Please come by on December 22 to do your holiday shopping and get your gifts wrapped. Better yet, consider joining us and helping to wrap gifts! This is a perfect volunteer event for parents to do with kids.
- Math for Parents Workshop – Session #2
- Sunday, December 17th, 2 – 4 PM at Lesley University, Cambridge, MA. Join Dr. Hilary Kreisberg, Director and Assistant Professor of Elementary Mathematics, where you will learn more about how math is taught in schools today, why math education has changed, and how to help your child at home.
- Holiday Art Workshops at the Brookline Arts Center
- One-Day December Workshops at the BAC – All ages!
Brookline Arts Center, 86 Monmouth St, Brookline, MA 02446
- One-Day December Workshops at the BAC – All ages!
- December Classes at the Brookline Arts Center
- Try out a class at the BAC this December!
- Brookline Music School January Composition Workshop & Recital
- January 4 or 6 and January 12 (Recital). Join us for the first January Composition Workshop and Recital at Brookline Music School (10 years and up)
- Writing & Organizational Coach for grades 8-12
- Private Writing & Organizational Coach serves students in grades 8-12
- Puppet Lab After School Program starts in January
- January – June 2018 at Puppet Showplace Theater. Puppet Lab is a weekly class for kids age 8-11 with a focus on the materials, engineering, and design side of puppetry arts.
- At Home Personal Training
- No gym membership? No problem. I am a Brookline based Certified Personal Trainer, Coach (and Runkle mom) who brings the gym to you. My goal is to make exercise accessible, creative and fun. We start wherever you are in your fitness level and I empower you to find your best self. Discounted intro sessions available! Emily: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-335-0608.
- ActiveMinds In-Home Tutoring
- Your source for IN-HOME tutoring. Effective, Personalized, and Convenient. All Grades/All Subjects, plus Test Prep (ISEE, SSAT, SAT, ACT) and College Admission Essay guidance. ActiveMinds helps accelerate your child’s learning and preparation. 617-227-2225 * email@example.com
- Babysitter Available, 2:30pm Mon – Wed., Friday
- Reliable, warm, mature babysitter available immediately. Experience with Lawrence, Devotion and Pierce School families. Can pick up children at school at 2:30 PM and drive them to sports, lessons and other activities, then home to supervise homework. Excellent driving record. References available. Children over age 5. $20\Hour. Please call or email. 617-312-3994 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Village Dance Studio
- Dance Classes, School Vacation Programs & more. 62 Harvard Street in Brookline Village
Have something to share in the newsletter? Submit your request by Thursday PM to be included next week: Google Form
Follow us on Facebook! Like our page at www.facebook.com/lawrencePTObrookline.
- December 11, 2017News and Notes
- December 9, 2017Principal's Corner
- December 9, 2017Announcing 2017 BEF Idealab Grants!
- December 9, 2017Bake sale for Puerto Rico Thursday & Friday after school!
- December 3, 20172018 PTO Play Audition, December 7
- December 3, 2017Paper Crane for Peace Folding activity
- December 3, 2017Gingerbread House Making, December 8
- December 3, 2017New Family Welcome Meeting, Monday, December 4, 8 am
- November 27, 2017Early Release Movie Days
- November 27, 2017PTO Meeting, Tuesday, November 28