Dear Lawrence Families,
The PTO plays an important direct and indirect role in your children’s educations in a number of ways. Our PTO is fortunate to receive strong financial support from you. But, an equally important, and very rewarding way to support the PTO is by volunteering for elected leadership positions. You can play an active role in deciding how the PTO uses its resources. This year roughly half of the positions need volunteers, but all positions are open for election. I hope you will visit: to nominate yourself or someone you know http://lawrenceschoolbrookline.org/pto-leadership-nominations-2017/
Lawrence Classroom Placement Process for 2017-2018
Each year, beginning in May, we devote a great deal of time, care and thought to creating the following year’s classes. The attached letter and form describes our class placement process, including the opportunity for parent input into that process.
Here are some brief highlights. If you are going to make a request please read the attached letter and form and follow the process!
- All information must be submitted in writing to the principal by Wednesday, April 12, 2017 to be considered as part of the process.
- The form is optional. The same consideration and care will be given to every child during the placement process whether or not a parent submits input.
- Requests for specific teachers either in conversation or writing will not be considered as part of this process.
“Putting your vegetables on your little sister’s plate doesn’t work.” Nicole, age 11
Upcoming dates include:
March 27 – 8:15am – Principal Search Parent Meeting with Andrew Bott
March 29, 30 and 31 – The Famous Lawrence PTO Play!
March 31 – Jump Rope for Heart
April 5 – 12:40 pm – DIsmissal for K-12 conferences
April 5 – 12:40 pm – Movie Day – Sign up online using the PTO website!
April 5 – 5:00 – 7:00 pm – Lawrence K-8 Art Show
Sincerely, Warren Blair
- March 27, 2017Principal's Corner
- March 27, 2017News and Notes
- March 20, 2017Principal's Corner
- March 20, 2017International Night - April 28th, 6-8pm
- March 20, 2017News and Notes
- March 18, 2017PTO Play - Volunteers Needed
- March 13, 2017Principal's Corner
- March 13, 2017News and Notes
- March 13, 2017PTO Leadership Nominations
- March 13, 2017PTO Online Auction