Words of Thanks from Rick Rogers
(June 20, 2016)
I was touched again last week by additional farewell presentations….
- Thank you to the Eighth Grade students and families who surprised me during Graduation with the presentation of a framed print of Lawrence School signed by the graduating class and with a stylish running jacket, which will get plenty of use as I work toward one retirement goal of increasing my running.
- K-5 students and staff for a very special final Community Meeting that featured:
- An encore performance of a song written and performed by teachers at the Staff Retirement party. The kids loved seeing their teachers perform.
- A moving video featuring a presentation by each and every classroom.
- A wonderful scrapbook that also included something from every classroom.
- A surprise fifth grade student and Lawrence faculty “Flash Mob” to the song “Can’t Stop the Feeling” that left me dancing and smiling.
The last two weeks have provided me with several “keepers” that I will treasure for years to come. I am deeply appreciative. Thank you!
(June 13, 2016)
I would like to extend my heartfelt thank you for the wonderful send-off last week prior to the Spring Picnic. I was deeply touched by the words of those who spoke and am appreciative of the thoughtful gifts that will serve as treasured reminders of my time at Lawrence.
Thank you to the following for speaking and presenting…
- PTO Co-President Florrie Ives, who served as a gracious MC for the evening.
- Interim Superintendent Joe Connelly, who took time out of a hectic schedule to speak and present a plaque with a poem.
- Vice Principal Laura Horst who has so skillfully shared the leadership of this school with me.
- Former Lawrence parent Kelly Hardebeck, who served on the hiring committee that brought me to Lawrence and was a PTO President and School Council member.
- Parent Maggie Sawada and her children Keenan and Sadie, who presented a gift of “Lawrence Logo wear” (that I was able to hear at Field Day).
- Students Anna & Vera Lin, who, on behalf of our Korean students and families, presented a photograph of me in traditional Korean garb, surrounded by many Korean students at this year’s Family Fun Night.
- Current parents Joanne Liautaud (former LSA Director) and Laura O’Brien (PTO Board Member and former School Council member) who both spoke from the heart.
- Fifth grade student Zach Gale whose words of remembrance meant so much because they came from a student.
- Parent Jin Suk, who has served on our Visual Arts Committee and School Council and who presented a framed copy of the Lawrence School Vision (which he helped design).
- PTO Co-President Nagmeh Ansari who presented a stunning glass memento with an etched image of Lawrence School.
Thank you to the many families who attended and who contributed to a wonderful scrapbook of memories, as well.