December 7, 2020
|Not sure how to keep everyone engaged this weekend? The PTO’s got you covered! Check out our list of printable activities and online explorations to keep little hands engaged and imaginations firing on all cylinders.|
|Quick-and-Easy Creative Writing|
This printable activity from 826digital.com invites kids to invent a recipe and create their own how-to mini-booklet.
• PRINTABLE: Print-and-fill mini-booklet template to bring made-up recipes to life
• MORE TO EXPLORE: Discover creative-writing inspiration at 826digital.com (free registration)
|Arts & Crafts: Yarn Dog|
Have a stash of yarn and a creative kid? Check out the video and illustrated step-by-step instructions for an adorable shaggy shih-tzu.
• VIDEO & ILLUSTRATED HOW-TO: video and illustrated step-by-step instructions for an adorable shaggy shih-tzu.
• SUPPLIES: Yarn, glue, paper cup or toilet-paper roll, add-ons for eyes (instructions show how to make them on a 3D printer)
It might snow this weekend…it might not. Either way, snow-themed puzzles “add up” to math-y fun on these printable puzzle pages, from Susan Morrow at https://keepemthinking.com/
• PRINTABLE WORKSHEET: 12 snow-themed number puzzles (+ answer sheets!)
• MORE TO EXPLORE: KeepEmThinking.com, the source for this activity, has a blog, shop, and resource library full of educational activities.
|Virtual Travel: British Library Harry Potter Exhibit|
Potter fans rejoice: The British Library’s special exhibition dives into the art, inspiration, and storytelling at the heart of Hogwarts—and dive into the library’s archives to add even more to the story.
• ONLINE EXPLORATION: special exhibition about Harry Potter-related art and inspirationDeep dive into the library’s archives to discover more magical material
• VIDEO: Go behind the scenes for an insider’s tour! (7 minutes)
More activities are on the PTO’s new online resource, At-Home Fun. Check back often…and have fun!
|The PTO’s Annual Appeal Is Going On Now!|