There are many ways to volunteer with the PTO, whether you would like to spearhead a project, spend an hour helping at the library or managing our social media from home. If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you’ll find volunteer opportunities by area:
- PTO Board Positions
- Room Parents
- Event Coordinators & Volunteers
- Programs & Committees
PTO BOARD POSITIONS
Most are school year-round, 2 year commitments. In late spring the PTO will hold elections to fill open positions. Click here to Elect a PTO Member.
- Oversees scheduling, planning and budgeting for PTO-sponsored activities
- Communicates regularly with Principal and Superintendent on behalf of PTO
- Oversees PTO meetings and communication with PTO members
Vice President for Technology
- Oversees PTO technology initiatives such as the website and directory/hub (Membership Toolkit)
- Supervises the PTO’s social media and online presence
Vice President for Events
- Liaison to event coordinators and room parent coordinators
- Helps recruit event coordinators and event volunteers
Vice President for Fundraising
- Manages fundraising initiatives throughout the year, assisted by team of volunteers
- Oversees marketing / communication to community regarding uses of PTO funds
- Responsible for organization’s state filings twice a year
- Oversees reporting of PTO meetings (taking minutes and recording votes)
- Provides guidance on the PTO’s financial position through regular budget reporting
- Manages all financial accounts and executes all deposits, reimbursements and petty cash distributions
- Assists the Treasurer and provides operating continuity through potential succession
General Board Members
- Provide guidance and input on PTO activities and initiatives. In addition, each general board member typically supports a major PTO event, committee or initiative.
Support your child’s class by serving as a liaison between the teacher and class families. Please contact email@example.com
EVENT COORDINATORS & VOLUNTEERS
In addition to coordinator roles, day-of event volunteer opportunities are available as well, often in 30-minute or 1-hour shifts.
Help install student artwork and organize event.
Auction Coordinator (December – February)
Work with PTO Liaison to connect with vendors, and connect with Room parents. Help solicit donations and publicize silent auction.
Coordinate with principal, teachers and librarian with support from a PTO Liaison. Collect and sort books (Winter and Spring), help with advertising, setup and take down and/or assist students with purchases during Sale.
Early Release Movies
Help with registration, check in/out, supervising students.
Work with Team Leaders and oversee various tasks.
Assist with the many activities offered at this annual event.
Help set up, clean up, sell pizza, rice balls and baked goods, or help keep the water coolers filled. Coordinators are 6th grade families.
Field Day (June)
Sign up for a two-hour shift or help all day. School event supported by the Principal.
Help organize the event or bring nutritious food.
Contact the current coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Japanese Fair (Winter)
PTO Play (December – March)
Help put on annual parent/teacher play. Requires a few weeks of rehearsals.
Help organize students by classroom; distribute photo packages.
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
Plan and prepare luncheon for teachers and staff.
Spring Picnic (June)
Help set up, clean up, sell pizza and rice balls. Help with Cake Walk or bake sale. Coordinators are 5th Grade families.
PROGRAMS & COMMITTEES
These projects are ongoing or require help over the course of several days/weeks:
Annual Appeal (Fall)
Help raise essential PTO funds; assist with creating messaging/materials and social media messaging. Please contact email@example.com.
Art Room Volunteer
Help keep the art room drawers and shelves stocked and organized. Timing is flexible.
This parent group raises green awareness and understanding of environmental issues to promote the adoption of responsible practices within the Lawrence Community.
Lawrence Logo Wear
Coordinate design, printing, and sales of school t-shirts and sweatshirts.
Plan, advertise, and organize after-school enrichment programs such as karate, clay, chess, and drama. Please contact lawrencespeci
Assist with check-out and reshelving books. Please contact Kathleen Moriarty
Middle School B-PEN Liaison
Identify topics of interest to Middle School families and help organize network meetings
New Family Contacts
Welcome and assist new families, answer questions about the school. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performing Arts Council
Preview and schedule storytellers, dancers, musicians, and actors.
School Directory (September – October)
Assist with management of information in Membership Toolkit.
Collaborate with a group of other Lawrence parents to promote the values of respect and inclusion for people of all abilities
Visual Arts Council
Recruit visiting artists who lead projects that are integrated into the curriculum.
Help with organization, permissions and orders.