What is the PTO? The PTO is the parent-school partnership in action. Working collaboratively with administration and teachers, the PTO focuses on strengthening the community and enhancing our children’s experience at Lawrence. We provide funding for enrichment activities and resources in every classroom and sponsor events throughout the year designed to bring families together.
Who is the PTO? As a parent/guardian at the Lawrence School, you are automatically a full-fledged member of the PTO. Your time and talents are what make the PTO what it is, so please stay (or get!) involved. There is a role for everyone, and we encourage you to contribute in any way that you can.
How does the PTO communicate? We produce a weekly Monday Update, distributed via email. To add your name to our email list, please send your name, your child’s name and class, and your preferred email address to email@example.com. We also maintain a bulletin board in the school lobby.
PTO raises more than $80,000 every year. With your help, the PTO is able to:
• Provide a generous allowance each year to each teacher for classroom supplies
• Fund transportation for field trips in every grade
• Award grants to teachers for innovative projects
• Maintain this website, produce a weekly email update, and publish the school directory
• Fund outstanding Performing and Visual Arts programs throughout the year
• Provide 100% of funding for before- and after- school sports programs
• Update the Library collection and support authors visits
• Provide athletic equipment for all grades to use at recess
• Fund the Send an Educator to Japan program
• Sponsor community-building events throughout the year
• Ensure each student’s ability, through our scholarship program, to participate fully in all school and PTO-sponsored activities.
Thank you for your support!
For a complete list of the Committees and activities brought to you by the PTO Click Here!