April 10, 2017
News and Notes
- PTO Leadership Elections
- We are accepting nominations through April 21st for all PTO positions for the 2017/2018 school year.
- International Night – April 28, 6-8 pm
- Zones of Regulation: Parent Learning Session: Thursday, April 27, 8 am
- Join Debbie Caruso, Lawrence Occupational Therapist, in the Library to learn more about teaching students strategies to regulate their emotions and bodies.
- Proposed PSB Authorized Signatures Policy
- Brookline School Committee currently has this policy under review and welcomes your feedback.
- Used Book Fair – January-May
- Thank you to Makeeba McCreary for organizing the Movie Day last week.
- From the PTO play cast and crew- Thank you to our ticket sellers: Kevin Manuel, Peter Frumkin, Carol Rosenstock, Rita Liu, and Jake and Ellen Zucker, prompters: Davasha Solomon and Linda Louie, and talented make-up artist: Holly Jordan. Thank you, Line Olsson, for our amazing sets, and Seungeun Lee, who, after an incredible 9 years of creating props, sets, and other artistry, is leaving the play as her daughter heads to high school. We will miss her dedication, creativity, and smile.
- A Syrian Refugee’s Journey of Hope & Courage
- Tuesday, April 11 at 7:00pm. Come hear Sara Mardini speak about her flight from Syria, her heroic and life-saving act of courage, and her on-going work to advocate for refugee and women’s rights at Upper Devotion (194 Boylston Street). Flyer
- Brookline SEPAC Hosts: Get To Know Your School Committee Candidates
- Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:30a.m. – 9:30a.m. in the School Committee Room, 5th floor, Town Hall. SEPAC members Q&A opportunity with School Committee Candidates Daniel Debowy, Suzanne Federspiel, Michael Glover, Paul Harris and Julie Schreiner-Oldham
- April Vacation Programs at BAC – April 18-21, 2017
- Register now for Brookline Arts Center’s April Vacation Programs!
- Boston Breakers Home Opener – Sunday April 23 4PM
- Lawrence families are invited to Boston Breakers vs. Sky Blue FC at Jordan Field, Allston, MA.
- Social Justice 101: A workshop – April 27 or May 25 at 4:15-5:45PM
- Come to a Social Justice workshop for Middle Schoolers at the Brookline Teen Center.
- The Brookline Center and Woman at the Center: Hand in Hand
- April 27, 2017 7:00pm at the Brookline Teen Center. Assemble baskets for women served by the Brookline Center.
- Game and Book Drive – Bring donations to the BHS Atrium!
- Through the end of May, the Brookline Literacy Partnership, a social justice club at BHS, is hosting a game and book drive to benefit the Mather School in Dorchester- Florence Liang.
- Brookline Police Chief for a Day Essay Contest
- 5th graders submit an essay of no more than 500 words answering: “If you were police chief for a day, how would you make Brookline a safer place?” Must be received by April 28, 2017.
- The Brookline Ballet School
- Spring and Summer programs and classes are now open for registration!
- BHS Girls Basketball Clinic – June 26 to 29
- For girls entering Grades 3 to 9 at the Brookline High Schluntz Gym.
- Summer Children’s Theater Program
- Spend your summer singing, dancing, acting, and having fun!
Have something to share in the newsletter? Submit your request by Thursday PM to be included next week: Google Form
Follow us on Facebook! Like our page at www.facebook.com/lawrencePTObrookline.
|Harold PriceEditor-in-Chief||Nora RenthalDeputy Editor||Nagmeh AnsariPTO President|