News and Notes
- April Art Show – Wednesday, April 5
- Volunteers greatly needed! If you are able to help on the day of the art show please sign up.
- Brookline talks presents: Nurturing Sexually Healthy Children & Teens in Today’s World with Deborah Roffman
- Thursday, April 6th at 7pm in the Runkle School Multi-Purpose Room.Deborah Roffman – A master teacher, author and consultant to schools, parents & children – will discuss five universal needs of children and teens as they grow toward sexual maturity, and the five corresponding roles for adults.
- International Night – April 28, 6-8pm
- Used Book Fair – January-May
- To the director, cast and crew of the PTO Play: Thank you for a creative, funny and immensely entertaining production! We are fortunate to have so many talented people in the Lawrence community.
- To all the METCO families for donating your hard-earned money, food, and time to make our breakfast a success! Special thanks to Weddee Henry for the beautiful tables and flowers, and to Debra Morales for waking up at 4am to scramble 48 eggs and sausages!
- Free Salary Negotiation Workshop
- April 3, 2017 6:00PM-8:00PM, The Denny Room (Basement) 11 Pierce Street. Brookline’s Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Relations is hosting a free salary negotiation workshop to end the gender pay gap by empowering women.
- Brookline Youth Wrestling Clinic – Boys & Girls Welcome – Grades 3-8
- April 4th, 10-11:30am at the Brookline High School – Shluntz Gym. Come join the Brookline High Wrestling Team & Coaches for an introduction to the world’s oldest (and toughest) sport.
- Triveni School of Dance Annual Fundraiser– presenting “Devi”
- April 7, 8pm; April 8, 3pm at the BU Dance Theater. Contact Priya Budde.
- VOICES Boston Spring Concert
- April 8th at 3pm, First Parish in Brookline. Join VOICES Boston, Brookline’s premier children’s chorus, for a concert of songs from around the world!
- Green Routes Bike Tour of Brookline
- The tour will now start at 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 8, in the Brookline Town Hall Parking Lot. Sponsored by Brookline Bikes Advisory Council
- Sara Mardini, humanitarian, activist and hero, speaks at Upper Devotion (194 Boylston St.) on April 10 at 7:00pm
- Sara’s talk, entitled “A Syrian Refugee’s Journey of Hope & Courage”, will delve into Sara’s flight from Syria, her heroic and life-saving act of courage and her on-going work to advocate for refugee and women’s rights. Click here to view the flyer
- April Vacation Programs at BAC
- April 18-21, 2017. Register now for Brookline Arts Center’s April Vacation Programs!
- The Brookline Center and Woman at the Center presents: Hand in Hand
- April 27, 2017 7:00pm at Teen Center. Join Hands; Spread the Love; Make a Difference; Hand in Hand 2017
- Brookline SEPAC Hosts: Get To Know Your School Committee Candidates
- Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:30a.m. – 9:30a.m. in the School Committee Room, 5th floor, Town Hall. SEPAC members Q&A opportunity with School Committee Candidates Daniel Debowy, Suzanne Federspiel, Michael Glover, Paul Harris and Julie Schreiner-Oldham
- Brookline Literacy Partnership Game and Book Drive
- Now until the end of May, 115 Greenough St (BHS) in the Atrium. The Brookline Literacy Partnership, a social justice club at BHS, is hosting a game and book drive to benefit students at the Mather School in Dorchester.For more information contact Florence Liang
Have something to share in the newsletter? Submit your request by Thursday PM to be included next week: Google Form
Follow us on Facebook! Like our page at www.facebook.com/lawrencePTObrookline.
What do you think of the new newsletter format? Let us know what you think.