Welcome Incoming Kindergarten Students & Families!
In this week’s column, I extend a warm welcome to the new students and their families who are entering Kindergarten next year – the high school graduating class of 2029! Kindergarten “Peek & Practice” (Visitation Day) is Wednesday, June 1st. Please note that this year’s Kindergarten classes will dismiss at 12:00 noon on that day.
We are pleased that you and your child will be joining us next year. Lawrence is a safe, just and caring community of students in which we work to create a strong sense of belonging for each child. Students learn to respect themselves and others and to value and honor thediversity of cultures, backgrounds, and learning differences. We strive to create a life-long love of learning and develop the habits of mind, knowledge, and skills to promote continuous learning and a voice for self-expression.
Families are valued as partners and play a very active role in the school. Here are some ways to stay informed and get involved:
- Refer to the PTO Summer Mailing (sent home in August).
- Sign-up for PTO Email & Check School Website: The PTO sends out a weekly “Monday Update” email with weekly announcements and a link to thePrincipal’s Corner published on the school’s website.
- Attend PTO Meetings held a few times a year (a mix of mornings and evenings) and focused on a topic of interest to parents.
- Attend Principal’s Forums held several times during the year at 8:00 a.m. These sometimes begin with a focus topic, but include time for informal Q&A.
- Volunteer: Refer to the Parent Volunteer Opportunities in the summer mailingor on-line to sign-up.
- Support the PTO: There are many ways that parents enhance the school by providing resources, programs, and other opportunities for students, staff and parents that would not otherwise exist. I urge you to join and support the PTO next year.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our school community!