June 1 – Principal’s Forum – School Committee Chair Susan Wolf Ditkoff to hear from parents
June 4 – Lawrence Fun Run – 8:30-10:30 – You gotta do this! Fun for ALL, walk, run, music, etc.
June 5 – Current Kindergarten – Dismissal at noon
Kindergarten “Peek & Practice”
1:00-1:45 pm Last Name A-K
2:00-2:45 pm Last Name L-Z
June 9 – Field Day – Rain Date is June 12
8:45- 10:15 a.m.- Grade K-3.
8th graders are leading this session.
10:45- 12:00- Grades 4 and 5
12:00 on Resume regular classes.
June 13 -Heath School will host a LGBTQ+ Parent Forum (led by Greater Boston PFLAG
–http://www.gbpflag.org/). at the Heath School, 6:30pm-8:00pm and open to all families.
June 21 – 4:00 PM – 8th Grade Graduation
June 23 – Last Day of School – noon – dismissal, please make arrangements for pick up!
Welcome Incoming Kindergarten Students & Families!
In this week’s column, we extend a warm welcome to the new students and their families who are entering Kindergarten next year – the high school graduating class of 2030! Kindergarten “Peek & Practice” (Visitation Day) is Monday, June 5. Please note that this year’s Kindergarten classes will dismiss at 12:00 noon on that day.
We are pleased that you and your child will be joining us next year. Lawrence is a safe, just and caring community of students in which we work to create a strong sense of belonging for each child. Students learn to respect themselves and others and to value and honor the diversity of cultures, backgrounds, and learning differences. We strive to create a lifelong love of learning and develop the habits of mind, knowledge, and skills to promote continuous learning and a voice for self-expression.
Families are valued as partners and play a very active role in the school. Here are some ways to stay informed and get involved:
- Refer to the PTO Summer Mailing (sent home in August).
- Sign-up for PTO Email & Check School Website: The PTO sends out a weekly “Monday Update” email with weekly announcements and a link to the Principal’s Corner published on the school’s website.
- Attend PTO Meetings held a few times a year (a mix of mornings and evenings) and focused on a topic of interest to parents.
- Attend Principal’s Forums held several times during the year at 8:00 a.m. These sometimes begin with a focus topic, but include time for informal Q&A.
- Volunteer: Refer to the Parent Volunteer Opportunities in the summer mailing or on-line to sign-up.
- Support the PTO: There are many ways that parents enhance the school by providing resources, programs, and other opportunities for students, staff and parents that would not otherwise exist. I urge you to join and support the PTO next year.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our school community!