Dear Lawrence Families,
Thank you for a great start to the year! There is great excitement from our students and staff as we settle into daily routines. Thank you for setting learning and behavior expectations with your children.
Thanks also to the Lawrence Latino Cultural Group (LLCG) for the beautiful bulletin boards in the main hallway to recognize Latino Heritage month, September 15 – October 15. They are looking for art projects and any parents that might want to join this group. Please email: LawrenceLatinoCG@gamil.com for more information.
- New Family Welcome! – If you are new to Lawrence, as am I, please plan on attending the New Family Welcome on September 7 at 8:00am in the Library! This will be a time to learn more about Lawrence, how you can be involved in our school, and to ask any questions you may have.
- Parent Portal – Please ensure that you are logging into Parent Portal to verify your data! Info Below!
- Handbook – Please review the handbook with your student so you are familiar with student and parent expectations. i.e. Attendance, Tardies, Parking, etc. by September 9 and review for information throughout the year. http://lawrenceschoolbrookline.org/about-us/student-handbook/
- Start Time – Please plan on having your children here by 7:50am so they are in class at 8:00am. Students often report that they do not like to be late to class!
- Parking – Please pay close attention to the parking procedures. Our neighbors and staff really appreciate parents following these procedures. Thank you for only parking in identified areas and for using the pickup and drop off correctly. Do not park on street corners or in front of driveways and do NOT use Newell Rd! These procedures are for everyone’s safety!
- Lawrence has passed the water testing by the Brookline Water Department. Our water is safe!
- Please remember that school dismisses on Fridays at 1:40pm.
- Please contact our nurse Karen Miller for any medication and/or Health Care Plans by September 9 or sooner!
- Hot Pink Health cards have been sent home with your child. Please sign and returned by September 9!
- Please refer to the Principal Corner from August 25 for more information on school involvement, PTO etc.
“To get up in the morning, the garbage truck works better than my alarm clock.” Jessica, age 10
Jessica has also says that she hates to be late to class!
Sincerely, Warren Blair
Log in to the Aspen Parent Portal. Go tohttps://sis.brookline.k12.ma.us and enter your user name and password.
**Usernames are typically lastnamefirstinitial (Tom Jones would be jonest).**
If you do not know your user name and password, look for the email that you were sent by the district. If you still can’t find it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request them.