May 1, 2017
News and Notes
- International Night was a great success thanks to Marcia Ramos Sosa and the committee chairs of the Lawrence Latino Cultural Group for putting all this together. Thank you to the Lawrence families, faculty, and student leaders for taking your personal time and resources to make this event happen and for being there to show your support!
Please read the full list of acknowledgments.
- Thank you Chris Deister for the wonderful ‘makerspace’ talk at the PTO meeting.
Click here to view the Presentation shared at the meeting.
- Play Ball! Teacher’s Appreciation Luncheon
- Friday, May 5, in the Teacher’s Lunchroom on the 2nd Floor. Please use this signup form and drop off your donations any time before 10:30am, or make a donation and a dish will be donated on your behalf. Please contact Ivey Bueno (email@example.com), Jennifer Beach (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alison Zimon (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
- Seeking School Council Members
- If you would like to serve on School Council, please email a Statement of Interest to the principal, Warren Blair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through May 5th.Questions? Contact current School Council members, Keith Carson (email@example.com) or Grace Fehrenbach (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lawrence School PTO 1 Mile and 5K Family Fun Run
- Sunday, June 4th, 2017. Come join us for the 5th Annual Lawrence School Family Fun Run, a morning of healthy exercise, nutrition and fun for the whole family. Register before May 19th to guarantee receiving your T-shirt on Race Day.
- Used Book Fair – January-May
- Driscoll School Spring Fair
- May 24th from 4-8pm. Fun for all ages! Come join us as the Driscoll School grounds are transformed into the beloved annual Spring Fair. Enjoy Amusement Rides, Petting Zoo, Touch a Truck, Face Painting, Henna, Food and MUCH more.
- Brookline Literacy Partnership Game and Book Drive
- Now until the end of May at 115 Greenough St (BHS) in the Atrium.The Brookline Literacy Partnership, a social justice club at BHS, is hosting a game and book drive to benefit students at the Mather School in Dorchester.
- Be The Parent You Want To Be! workshop
- Starts May 2, May 30 or June 3 at the Brookline Teen Center.Foster positive relationships, reduce challenging behavior, and raise skillful, empathic kids.
- Professional Education Event for Adults
- Monday May 22 at 5:30-7:30pm, BU Photonics Ctr / 8 St Mary’s St Boston.”Close The Sale” Workshop w Expert Jeff Hoffman & Brookline Chamber.
- Social Justice 101: A workshop
- May 25 at 4:15-5:45PM. Come to a Social Justice workshop for Middle Schoolers at the Brookline Teen Center.
- Job Posting: Administrative Coordinator at Brookline Chamber of Commerce
- Brookine Chamber of Commerce is hiring a part-time Administrative Coordinator.
- Brookline Community Foundation Announces Brookline For All Grants
- A new discretionary grants program to provide responsive and timely support to Brookline’s most vulnerable community members.
- Brookline Community Foundation Supports Opportunities for Local Youth
- This year, BCF awarded $50,000 in grants to 9 organizations through this fund.
- Corner Co-op Nursery School Open House
- Saturday, May 13th 10:00 AM – Noon at 1773 Beacon Street (corner of Dean and Beacon).Ages 2 years 9 months to 6 years. Flexible schedule options. Devoted staff. Nut-free school.
- Brookline Music School Summer Programs
- June 26- August 25. Perfect neighborhood destination for families looking for a fun-filled learning experience during the Summer school break. Choose from a diverse selection of arts activities for all levels and ages. Located at 25 Kennard Road.
- The Brookline Ballet School
- Spring and Summer programs and classes are now open for registration!
- BHS Girls Basketball Clinic
- June 26 to 29. For girls entering Grades 3 to 9 at the Brookline High Schluntz Gym.
- Summer Children’s Theater Program
- Spend your summer singing, dancing, acting, and having fun!
- West Roxbury School of Dance Summer Camp
- July-August 2017, West Roxbury School Of Dance: 49 Corey St.Summer Camps for Ages 5-10
Have something to share in the newsletter? Submit your request by Thursday PM to be included next week: Google Form
Follow us on Facebook! Like our page at www.facebook.com/lawrencePTObrookline.
|Harold PriceEditor-in-Chief||Nora RenthalDeputy Editor||Nagmeh AnsariPTO President|