Food Day Festival 2017
Please join us for the 8th annual Lawrence Food Day Festival this upcoming Thursday, October 18 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm.
This FREE event will be held in **both** the Big Gym and the Lawrence School Garden.
- Enter or judge the Veggie Recipe Contest, with celebrity guest judge, Principal Hart (details below)
- Visit with Public Schools of Brookline Food Director Gus Travassos
- Tour the Lawrence School Garden with Mr. Norwood (1N Lawrence School teacher)
- Make Pedal-powered apple cider
- Hand-cranked popcorn de-shelling and making
- “Racing Toward a Greener Diet” sticker game
- Brookline food community all-stars: Al Freshco, Brookline Grown, ChopChop, Clear Flour Bakery, Curds & Co, Klean Plate, Green Line Growers, Olive Connection, Rifrullo, Mamaleh’s, & more!
- Parent chefs: allergen-free muffins, roast cauliflower, citrus bar, veggie dumplings, rice topping bar
- Food Literature book cart moderated by Lawrence Librarian Ms. Moriarty
- Dinner for purchase at BonMe food truck (supports Brookline Food Pantry and Hurricane Relief)
Recipe contest details
Who: Any Lawrence (K-8) student or team of students
How: (1) Register at http://goo.gl/WGFCES (2) Cook!
What: Make at least 30 samples (each ~2oz) of a savory vegetable dish. We will provide small cups and spoons. More to share is better. Please see http://goo.gl/WGFCES for competition guidelines. At least one team member must stand by your dish and hand out samples to win. (If this is a hardship, please see Festival Staff for help from a Festival Ambassador.) There will be prizes for the winners!
When: Setup is 4:00pm – 6pm.
Questions: please email Nora Renthal at email@example.com
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO DO MORE?
It’s not too late to volunteer to help out at the Festival! Parents and students welcome. Just email Adrienne Fricke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or click: https://lawrenceschoolpto.wufoo.com/forms/food-day-2017
In lieu of donations to the Food Day Festival, we will be collecting donations to support the work of the Brookline Food Pantry for members of our community without sufficient access to nutritious food, and to contribute to Hurricane Maria relief for our fellow citizens and humans struggling to source food, water, and other essentials in Puerto Rico.
This event is organized by the Food Day Festival Committee and is made wonderful and possible by the hard work and generous support of countless Lawrence parents, teachers, staff, and administrators; the Lawrence School PTO; and Brookline’s food vending and sustainability community.