How much classroom allocation funding do I get every year?
If you’re a teacher or staff, you may use your classroom allocation budget for supplies and equipment that benefit your students. All educators are eligible for the classroom allocations. Paraprofessionals, conservatory staff, cafeteria and custodial staff do not currently receive allocations but may be supported through other avenues with faculty support.
Funding for teachers and staff are allocated based on FTE amount; for the 20/21 school year the PTO is increasing classroom funding due to the extraordinary circumstances and increased needs for teaching in multiple modes:
- $400 for 0.8 to 1.0 (normally $300)
- $200 for 0.4 to 0.7 (normally $150)
- $100 for <0.4 (normally $75)
- New-to-Lawrence teachers (incl specialists transitioning to classroom roles) receive double the allocation in their first year, plus the incremental amount. Ex. a new 1.0 FTE receives 2 x $300 + $100 = $700 total for the 20/21 school year.
- ETF, nurses, the METCO liaison and Steps to Success program manager receive allocations based on their FTE amount as well.
- The principal receives $1,000 and vice principals each receive $500.
- Lawrence teachers who shifted to RLA are still eligible for this funding.
Please reach out if you have used your budget but still have classroom needs: firstname.lastname@example.org.