FAQ for Teachers and Staff
The PTO seeks to support special projects and needs such as supplies or equipment that will directly benefit the Lawrence student body. Please review the information below to determine the best way to get support for your project. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for Teachers and Staff
For all reimbursements (for already-approved grants, classroom allocations, event expenses), please submit your request using the online PTO reimbursement form.
We advise submitting reimbursement requests as early in the school year as possible. All reimbursement requests for the current school year must be submitted by mid-May; the exact date will be communicated after April break.
Please note that any lost checks will result in a $30 deduction from the reimbursement amount to cover the stop payment fees with the bank.
Reimbursements are processed on a rolling basis and should be received within 2-4 weeks. Reimbursement via PayPal is the quickest option.
If you’re a teacher or staff, you may use your classroom allocation budget for supplies and equipment that benefit your students. All educators are eligible for the classroom allocations. Paraprofessionals, conservatory staff, cafeteria and custodial staff do not currently receive allocations but may be supported through other avenues with faculty support.
Funding for teachers and staff are allocated based on FTE amount; for the 20/21 school year the PTO is increasing classroom funding due to the extraordinary circumstances and increased needs for teaching in multiple modes:
- $400 for 0.8 to 1.0 (normally $300)
- $200 for 0.4 to 0.7 (normally $150)
- $100 for <0.4 (normally $75)
- New-to-Lawrence teachers (incl specialists transitioning to classroom roles) receive double the allocation in their first year, plus the incremental amount. Ex. a new 1.0 FTE receives 2 x $300 + $100 = $700 total for the 20/21 school year.
- ETF, nurses, the METCO liaison and Steps to Success program manager receive allocations based on their FTE amount as well.
- The principal receives $1,000 and vice principals each receive $500.
- Lawrence teachers who shifted to RLA are still eligible for this funding.
Please reach out if you have used your budget but still have classroom needs: email@example.com.
$350 is allocated per classroom and may be used for things like bus expenses, admission fees and/or supplies that support the educational experience. (Note that Farm School has an additional separate budget.)
Contact the PTO Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org for your exact amount.
The PTO has established funds for field trips, enrichment activities and classroom supplies/equipment (a.k.a. classroom allocations) that will support students and the learning experience. There is also a grants fund for supporting special initiatives. Finally, there is a need-based assistance fund for students; please contact the guidance team for details.
Unused allocations are not rolled over to the following year.