Thank you in advance for your participation and support!
Most are school year-round, 2 year commitments. In late spring the PTO will hold elections to fill open positions. Click here to Elect a PTO Member.
- Oversees scheduling, planning and budgeting for PTO sponsored activities
- Communicates regularly with Principal and Superintendent on behalf of PTO
- Oversees PTO meetings and communication with PTO members
Vice President for Technology
- Oversees PTO technology initiatives
- Supervises PTOs social media and online presence
Vice President for Events
- Liaison to event coordinators and room parent coordinators
- Helps recruit volunteers to coordinate and volunteers
- Trains event coordinators and others as needed
Vice President for Fundraising
- Manages fundraising initiatives throughout the year, assisted by team of volunteers
- Oversees marketing / communication to community regarding uses of PTO funds
- Responsible for organization’s filings
- Oversees summer information packet that is mailed to all families
- Oversees reporting of PTO meetings and all PTO correspondence
- Maintains PTO Budget reports
- Documents all financial transactions and maintains record of income and expenses.
- Responsible for all deposits and petty cash distributions
- Assists the Treasurer and provides operating continuity through potential succession
General Board Members
Support your child’s class by serving as a liaison between the teacher and class families. Please contact Jennifer Tulipani
EVENT COORDINATOR POSITIONS
Work with Team Leaders and oversee various tasks.
Auction Coordinator (December – February)
Work with PTO Liason to connect with vendors, and connect with Room parents. Help solicit donations and publicize silent auction. Please contact Nagmeh Ansari
Coordinate with principal, teachers and librarian with support from a PTO Liason. Collect and sort books (Winter and Spring), help with advertising, setup and take down and/or assist students with purchases during Sale.
Collaborate with a group of other Lawrence parents to promote the values of respect and inclusion for people of all abilities
SINGLE DAY COMMITMENTS
Volunteers are needed to plan, set up, help run, and clean up at each event. 30-minute shifts are available for many of the activities.
Help set up, clean up, sell pizza, rice balls and baked goods, or help keep the water coolers filled. Coordinators are 6th grade families.
Help organize students by classroom; distribute photo packages. Contact Pat Scanlon
Help organize the event or bring nutritious food.
Contact the current coordinator at email@example.com.
Call families to raise essential PTO funds; Help with follow-up.
Please contact Jennifer o’Neil.
Japanese Fair (Winter)
Early Release Movies
Help with registration, check in/out, supervising students.
Please contact Makeeba McCreary
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
Assist with the many activities offered at this annual event.
Spring Picnic (June)
Help set up, clean up, sell pizza and rice balls. Help with Cake Walk or bake sale. Coordinators are 5th Grade families.
Field Day (June)
Sign up for a two-hour shift or help all day. School event supported by the Principal.
These projects require help over the course of several days/weeks:
School Directory (September – October)
Compile, edit and confirm family contact data for inclusion in online and print distribution. Coordinator: Robin LeWinter
Help install student artwork and organize event. Please contact Linda Louie
PTO Play (December – March)
Help put on annual parent/teacher play. Requires a few weeks of rehearsals.
Help with organization, permissions and orders. Please contact Nagmeh Ansari
Help as needed throughout the year:
Lawrence Logo Wear
Coordinate design, printing, and sales of school t-shirts and sweatshirts. Please contact Maggie Sawada
This parent group raises green awareness and understanding of environmental issues to promote the adoption of responsible practices within the Lawrence Community. Please Contact Kathleen Scanlon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like more information about upcoming activities and would like to help.
Middle School B-PEN Liaison
Identify topics of interest to Middle School families and help organize network meetings
New Family Contacts
Welcome and assist new families, answer questions about the school. Please contact Jessica Ullian
Plan, advertise, and organize after-school enrichment programs such as karate, clay, chess, and drama. please contact Zoe Kovel email@example.com
Art Room Volunteer
Help keep the art room drawers and shelves stocked and organized. Timing is flexible. Please contact Shelly Magno
Assist with check-out and reshelving books. Please contact Kathleen Moriarty
Performing Arts Council
Preview and schedule storytellers, dancers, musicians, and actors. Please contact Lisa Viola
Visual Arts Council
Recruit visiting artists who lead projects that are integrated into the curriculum. Please contact Linda Louie