- Plan and set school year calendar in coordination with Principals. (July)
- Prepare and mail “summer packet” in August, paying particular attention to incoming families. ( August)
- Plan yearly budget with treasurer and work with board for approval. (May)
- Review PTO section of school website and send edits to Web/Tech volunteer. (August and as needed)
- Meet monthly with Principals and Superintendent.
- Support event coordinators and help to recruit volunteers for each event.
- Plan and hold monthly PTO meetings for parents.
- Check the PTO e-mail, answering/ replying to messages or forwarding as needed on a weekly basis (at minimum.) Delete old messages and spam.
- Feed and forward information regarding upcoming activities and news to the Newsletter/ Communication volunteer.
- For more details contact the PTO President(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For details contact the current Vice-President: Bianca Peskin email@example.com
VP for Technology
- Acts as liaison to PTO Technology Committee and Kirsten Alper
- Supervises social media and online presence, directly or via volunteers
- Researches and finds pricing for new software and hardware solutions
- Maintains PTO computers, tablets, etc.
- Attends monthly PTO meetings. Available to attend School Council or District Meetings if/when technology is the topic.
VP for Volunteer Engagement
- Acts as liaison to event coordinators and room parent coordinators
- Sets year-long iVolunteer page for year-round recruitment
- Trains event coordinators and others in iVolunteer as needed
- Staffs table at at least one open house and one picnic per year
- Attends September Room Parent meeting, morning PTO meetings.
VP for Communication
- Acts as liaison to Superintendent Leaders Group
- Responds to district-wide e-mails from other PTOs asking for information, collaboration.
- Keeps community informed of district requests (i.e. directory updates), important news (i.e. 9th school)
- Works with parents to find answers to district policy questions (i.e. MCAS etc.)
- Attends monthly Superintendent Leaders meeting and morning PTO meetings.
- Attend monthly PTO meetings, take notes and transmit to web page/tech volunteer for posting on PTO web page. Provide copies for any interested parents.
- PTO correspondence such as sending thank you notes to fundraising donors and maintain the fundraising spreadsheet.
- File the annual Report
- Obtain/maintain PTO insurance
- Help the presidents with the summer mailing
- This position could be shared by 2 volunteers.
- For more details contact current Secretary Julie Park firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintain Budget reports.
- Keep record of income and expenses.
- Making deposits.
- Distributing petty cash for events and Guidance office as needed.
- Tracking and communicating with teachers and administration regarding classroom allocations and grants and other tasks as needed.
- For more details contact current PTO Treasurer, Holly Jordan, at email@example.com
- Attend Board meetings
- Vote on PTO Board elections and decisions.
This page is updated by the Nomination Committee.