Letter from the PTO Presidents
Dear Lawrence School Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the Lawrence Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Officers and Board, welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! As always, the PTO will be working closely with you and our school to maintain a positive working relationship, thus providing a friendly and supportive community for all of our families.
What does the PTO do?
The PTO works with administration and teachers to enhance our children’s experience at Lawrence. We raise money to fund resources and enrichment activities at each grade level. More than half of our budget directly supports teachers by funding classroom supplies, grants for innovative projects, books for the library, field trips and technology for classroom learning. The bulk of the remaining half goes to enrichment programs that bring performing and visual artists to school, fund before- and after-school sports, and provide scholarships to ensure that each child can participate fully in all school and PTO activities. We also bring families together at community-building events throughout the year. Please browse this website for more details on PTO activities, budget and how to get involved.
How does the PTO communicate?
With the exception of this mailing, all PTO communications will be electronic! So, if you are new to our school or if your email has changed please contact the PTO e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and your child’s name/grade/class.
- PTO website, www.lawrenceschoolbrookline.org, (PTO calendar, complete contact lists, etc.) We are continually updating and trying to improve the website so please check it often and share your feedback.
- “Monday Update” a weekly electronic newsletter containing PTO news and information. A copy of this PTO newsletter will be posted in the lobby each week.
- Room Parents will also share information from the PTO and act as liaisons between the PTO, the classroom teacher and classroom families.
What can YOU do?
As a Parent/Guardian at Lawrence School, you are automatically a member of the PTO! Your time and talents make our PTO what it is, we need YOU – so please be involved! Our continued success depends on strong volunteer support as well as financial contributions. We encourage you to contribute in any way that you can.
Do NOT miss out!!!!!!
- Our New Family Welcome is scheduled for Tuesday, September 12th , at 8:00 a.m. in the Library.
- The Fall Picnic is scheduled for Thursday, September 14 th , at 5:30 p.m. in the Athletic fields.
- The first PTO Meeting of the year is scheduled for Tuesday September 26 th at 8:00 a.m. in the Library.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Heather Hoganson, Michael Blaney, & Amanda Gordon